Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bombings

Welcome Back Faithful Few,

As always it's been too long. I get too busy living my life to write about it, or so it seems. Anyways there's some fairly big news on my end, thought I should share.

First things first, my ambitions to go out west have been squashed (though for how long I can't really say) UBC declined my application to their Creative Writing course. My GPA also bites the big one, so I didn't get my back up acceptance to their English course either.

You have to understand that I REALLY disliked the last year I spent at U of T. I was failing in spectacular fashion too, until I thought it through and realized how much it was costing me. So instead of flushing my money down the toilet I decided to buckle down and save my own ass. Which I did. So I was in good standing with U of T, but my GPA was nothing special, to be sure.

SO, it looks like the only university that will take me back is the one I so desperately fled. Somebody upstairs hates me just a little, feels like.

Anyways, if you've been following AMM, you'll have known most of this story. My thoughts are either to do another year at U of T in English so I can up my GPA and transfer out, take summer classes to do the same thing instead of an entire year, or go back but switch subjects entirely. Thoughts or advice folks? I'm as lost as you are.

In other news:

I might be joining the PodCast known as The Stealth Geek. It seems fitting for a guy like me. My brother was a founder of TSG versions 1.0 and 2.0, and this new rendition is will likely go by: The Stealth Geek Unlimited.

I'll let you know if that gets off the ground.

Back to writing for a moment. I have all this short story prep work I did for UBC that now has no outlet. Anyone care to read this stuff? I can post it in pieces, perhaps turn it into an ongoing serial. There's about 30 pages of revised NaNoWriMo work that have become one story, and another related short story that could also be of interest.

Comment and let me know if it interests you.

As many of you know, my life outside the computer often consists of a hectic social life, and a hell of a lot of skateboarding.

Recently I discovered the best outdoor concrete pool in all of Ontario. It's right beside my work and I've been skating every day on lunch. Riding vert transition and bowls/pools is new to me, but it's coming along nicely. I think I'll break out the camera/camcorder soon and shoot some footage. A Shout Out to Vincenzo Pistritto of Pipe Dream Photography for buying me an HD Camcorder. I hope to put it to use soon my friend, and I own you a pint and a few rounds of darts. I haven't forgotten.


Every here that song The Boss is Coming? Well, cue that, I gotta roll.

Thanks Faithful Few

2 comments:

  1. Chase, I'm really sorry to hear about UBC... as someone who will be applying to UBC this year as well, I can sorta imagine what you're going through (as I have no clue what I will do if I don't get in). If you know for sure that it was your GPA that kept you from getting in, I definitely recommend getting a few summer courses out of the way to boost it. Unless you want to do something else with your summer, that is. Your question about switching majors altogether is a good one to ask yourself... sit yourself down (?) and ask whether or not it's truly what you want to do. Since I haven't spoken to you much on the subject, I'm not sure how dedicated you are to making it your career. As for the stories, I think you should post them! At least for those like me who show up to work 45 minutes early because of a schedule mix-up and have some time to kill. ;)

    ReplyDelete